PLUSS is a materials research and manufacturing company involved in the field of Phase Change Materials (PCMs) for thermal energy storage and Speciality Polymeric Additives for enhancing polymer properties.
We build value through innovative products and applications by research and technology development in polymers and energy storage.
– Wendell Berry
At PLUSS our purpose is to use science and technology to help design and develop people-centric and climate-positive innovative clean technologies that enable us to meet the Sustainable Development Goals while empowering a circular economy.
To be sustainable, we need to enable our markets and our products to be reused and remain in the economy for as long as possible as opposed to be used once and discarded. We are mindful of implementing this across industries by moving and redefining our products.
We believe, leaving a better world for our future generations is as much our business as is driving innovation and economic opportunities.
Sustainability drives all that we do. From the business that we are in, the ideas we generate, the products we develop to the processes we undertake. Our unwavering commitment to a sustainable way of living and working, drives us to be PLUSStainable at all times.
PLUSSTAINABILITY AT WORK
WITH SDG GOALS
We are strongly aligned to United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that all people have equal opportunities and can lead better lives without compromising the planet.
In 2019, PLUSS setup a 100% subsidiary, Pluss Advanced Technologies B.V., headquartered in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands. With this PLUSS now has a dedicated team for sales, marketing and technical support activities in Europe.
Board of directors
The board of PLUSS encompasses the combined financial and strategic diligence of Mr. N Ananthaseshan, Mr. Sridharan Rangarajan and Mr. Manoj Agarwal and the technology and business grit and experience of Mr. Samit Jain on the same table.
Our Leadership principles
Our core values are defined by our leadership principles. They illustrate our commitment to our people, our work and our purpose. They take ahead our heritage with a clear and strong vision for our future.
Our Leadership Principles are timeless and lay the foundation to our work culture and ethics.
Awards And Recognition
Clean Energy Access Network, CLEAN is an all India representative organization launched in 2014 with a clear mandate to support, unify and grow the decentralized clean energy sector in India.
India Energy Storage Alliance, IESA was launched in 2012 to help technology and system integration companies involved in energy storage and microgrids to understand and capture the opportunities in the growing markets.
National Centre of Cold-Chain Development, NCCD is an autonomous body established by the Government of India with an agenda to positively impact and promote the development of the cold-chain sector in the country.
• MiraCradle™ – Technology Day Award by Honourable President Shri Pranab Mukherjee “for successful commercialisation of MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler – an indigenous technology based product.
• Partnership with Draegerwerk AG & Co., Germany for MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler.
• Partnership with FIC S.P.A., Italy offering ” thermoTab™ active PCM plates”. The Partnership leverages Pluss strength in material science and FIC’s strength in heat exchange design.
• Launched “Celsure™ ” range of pharmaceutical and vaccine transport boxes for temperature controlled delivery – a first in India
• Developed and introduced the BindEX™ range of polymer resins for tie layer in multi layer films used in packaging
• Received CE recognition for MiraCradle™ the world’s first passive cooling affordable device for treatment of Birth Asphyxia
• MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler wins the Kirloskar Technology Award for the most innovative medical device
• Wins Plasticon-2015 Award under the use of Polymers in healthcare category for MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler
• Wins CII innovation Award for the Most Innovative Manufacturing Company under SME category
• Winner of Indo Global Healthcare Award for development of MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler
• Developed MiraCradle™ – Neonate Cooler: an affordable device to treat Birth Asphyxia in collaboration with Christian Medical College, Vellore
• Inaugurated state of the art, new manufacturing unit at Bawal, Haryana
• Winner of Manufacturing Technology Award for innovative company
Carborundum Universal Limited (CUMI)
Established as a tripartite in 1954, CUMI is a leading materials sciences engineering solutions provider. CUMI’s consolidated revenue is Rs 2,631 Crores and PAT of Rs 284 Crores for the financial year 2021. CUMI, part of the Murugappa Group, is listed on the NSE and BSE. CUMI is a Mines to Market Company whose integrated operations include mining, power generation, fusion, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution. CUMI has over 5,000 employees worldwide who collaborate, innovate, and develop high-quality material solutions and world-class services in abrasives, electro minerals, refractories, and ceramics, serving customers in diverse industries including engineering, fabrication, auto and auto components, infrastructure, steel, glass, power generation and distribution, mining and aerospace. CUMI has a wide geographical presence spanning five continents and exports products to over 43 countries.
For more details, visit www.cumi-murugappa.com