Food and Agri
• Enabled temperature-controlled environment for more than 3,000 tons of perishables.
• Increased over 10,000 farmer’s livelihood by creating affordable technologies.
Plusstainability at Work
We are proud of India’s agrarian economy and Plusstainability to us is curbing food loss by empowering the society with clean and resource efficient cold-chain infrastructure. This is our endeavour towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1 of no poverty, 7 of affordable and clean energy and 11 of sustainable cities and communities.
Pluss pre-validates its solutions using Smart CAE(computer aided engineering) – a cutting-edge software adapted to simulate performance of thermal packaging solutions equipped with phase-change materials (PCMs) enabling over 80% reduction in energy, fuel and wastage of packaging material on developmental cycle.
Aagun® - The 24x7 Solar Dryer
• Consistent Drying: Continuous 24×7 drying operation with consistent 45°-55°C temperature without electricity.
• Improved Productivity: Drying duration is ~60% of conventional solar dryers resulting in reduced food wastage and higher productivity.
• Improved Post-Harvest Quality: Better quality dried product with higher nutritional value, aroma and taste due to controlled drying with no temperature fluctuations.
• Higher Income: Higher market value for dried products; better bargaining power and prevention of distress selling by farmers.
• Enabling entrepreneurship and empowering livelihood of farmers.
• Reduced carbon footprint: Grid independent DRE appliance.
HimaCool™- Grid Free Micro Cold Rooms
Small and sustainable 5MT capacity solar cold-room to maintain chilled or frozen temperature independent of grid connectivity or electrical batteries. Integration with phase change material technology ensures a 24/7 operation cycle such that the cold generated during six hours of sunshine is sufficiently stored in thermal batteries to maintain temperature over next 18 hours.
Semi-Electric Reefer Truck
Conventional reefer trucks operate on diesel as the primary source of fuel and the refrigeration unit consumes 50% of the fuel. Thermal battery enables semi-electric reefer vehicles by decoupling the refrigeration unit from diesel engine. The electric refrigeration unit is plugged onto an electric source when the truck is docked. During this time the refrigeration unit charges/cools down the thermal batteries which caters to the cooling required during movement of the trucks.